Week of February 13, 2017
- Pray for board members planning to travel to Grand Rapids for board meetings Feb. 14-16. Prayers for safety in travel, discernment in the discussions and decisions made, and joy in serving.
- Pray for interviews being held for key leadership positions at the Christian Reformed Church offices.
Week of January 16, 2017
- Worcester MA - Emmaus City Church: This Church is asking for expectant prayers that God will bring salvation to friends and neighbors we have been loving and walking with. Pray He would amaze this church family with people receiving Jesus in 2017.
- Zuni, NM - Zuni Christian School: Praise God for the simple and honest prayers from children: "Thank you for everything you have done for me such as giving me the ability to play basketball and having all parts of my body work. Please bless us with what we need and not what we just want." (8th grader)
Week of January 2, 2016
- US and Canada: Prayers of faith for the new year. God is there!
- Montreal, QC - Mission Montreal: This ministry is a partnership between Christian Direction, Christian Reformed Home Missions, Christian Reformed World Missions, Diaconal Ministries Canada, First CRC Montreal, and Classis Eastern Canada. Montreal is the largest city in Quebec with a rapidly-growing population of immigrants. This provides many opportunities for Christians to be good neighbors. Pray for this ministry as it serves as place to learn together.
Week of December 26, 2016
- Zuni, NM - Zuni Mission School: Pray for the Sports Program as Basketball games begin in January. The school is thankful for the 19 MacBook Airs that Title 1 has purchased for the school. Give Glory to God!
- US and Canada - Home Missions:We encourage supporters to still consider giving a year end donation to Home Missions. There is a matching dollar for dollar offer until December 31. Pray that God will continue to provide for His mission.
Week of December 19, 2016
- College Campuses: Please pray for students as they enter this time of exams! May those who follow Christ be able to integrate their faith and their studies in a way that honors God.
- Travels and Special Services: Pray for safe travels done during this holiday season, for those who worship or attend events that tell the Story of Jesus. Pray for open hearts.
- Sioux Falls, SD - Cornerstone Prison Church: This church meets every Friday evening for worship. Pray for Pastor Rick Van Ravenswaay and that gathering.
Week of October 24, 2016
- Sioux Falls, SD - Cornerstone Prison Church: Pray for inmates being transferred. The transition means a change for them as well as Cornerstone. Please keep all in your prayers as they move to a new life style. Also,Cornerstone is preparing for the Council election. Please keep nominees and leaders in your prayers. Praise God for the leadership of Pastor Rick Van Ravenswaay.
- Delhi, CA - Church of the Cross: Pastor Zeke Nelson and family announced that they will be moving to Belgium in January to pastor Antwerp International Protestant Church. This is exciting for them and hard for the church community at Delhi. Many aspects of my ministry will continue (Church of the King in Livingston, Delhi Thrift, Love Delhi), but Church of the Cross in Delhi will not. A final service to celebrate all that God has done through the Church of the Cross will be Sunday, October 30. Pray for that transition for the Nelson family and also for this church.
Week of September 26, 2016
- Grand Rapids, MI - Board Meetings: The Home Missions and World Missions boards are now one new mission agency board meeting this week at Calvin College. Pray for safety in travel, good preparations on many documents, and pray for the leadership and staff. Most of all, that all of the discussions will honor our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Week of September 19, 2016
- Surrey, BC - Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU): Pray for a renewed interest, both at KPU and at campuses across North America, in Christianity and for Campus Ministers, such as Ethan Vanderleek, to present the gospel in fresh ways
- Port St. Lucie, FL - Sunlight Español: Pray for church planter Juan Sierra as he reaches a growing Latino community in this city.
Week of September 12, 2016
- Sioux Falls, SD - Cornerstone Prison Church: Pray that God would continue to raise up leaders inside the walls. Our Church Council elections are coming up soon and our group of men eligible for council is quite small. We long to be led by men who are led by Jesus
- Pray for students and teachers headed back to schools. Prayers for those in Christian and Public school systems.
Week of August 15, 2016
- Grand Rapids, MI - Coffee Break: Pray for the North American and the Korean Coffee Break Trainers meeting in Grand Rapids this week.
- Sioux Falls, SD - Cornerstone Prison Church: Pray for unique ministries such as Cornerstone Prison Church. Pray for encouragement to those who will be in prison for many years and that the Word of God will fill them in all circumstances.
Week of August 8, 2016
- Zuni, NM - Zuni Christian Mission School: Pray over the students returning to school and for each new student as they are a gift from God. Special prayer for those children who most need the structure and love that the school gives and are not re-enrolled—for reasons we don’t know or that we find hard to understand.
- Oakland, CA - Oakland Startup Church: Pray for the new rhythm of life as the Ceasefire Collective (our first missional community) meets every other Friday night for Night Walks through the Oakland neighborhoods most effected by gun violence, and every other Friday night for Community Meals.
Week of July 18, 2016
- Zuni, NM - Zuni Christian Mission School: Pray for the leadership as they discern ‘the place’ God has for them at this time in their history—in their shared life as the church, in their individual lives as members of the body of Christ and in their witness to their community - a sacred place to be ‘the ministering church’ attending to discipleship and relationships.
- Pray for the ongoing work of unification between Christian Reformed World Missions and Christian Reformed Home Missions.
Week of July 11, 2016
- Bellflower, CA – Ethnos Church: Ethnos Church, a young church plant started by Pastor Tomas Ivens recently had their first "Community Class," on Creative Arts. Preview services and community events were held and pray that many people would be blessed and that the church would grow and continue to be a strong presence for the Lord in this community.
- Campus Ministries: Pray for rest for campus pastors and for spiritual direction for the coming ministry year.
Week of June 27, 2016
- Pray for all the Vacation Bible School programs being held during the summer. Pray for words and actions to reach the kids that may not otherwise hear the Gospel, or who may be responding to the Spirit for the first time.
- Pray also for some refreshing time away from normal ministry responsibilities for pastors, their families, and other leaders.
Week of June 20, 2016
- Big Rapids, MI - Ferris State University: Praise God for the work of Chaplain Mike Wissink who counsels and supports athletic teams at this university. This ministry give thanks that Home Missions is able to support a ministry which makes such a lasting impact on its members.
- Ionia, MI - Celebration Fellowship: While most prison outreaches enact a ministry model for the prison, Celebration Fellowship based in Michigan is successfully initiating a different model: a prison congregation. Instead of ministering to the inmates, the newly Classis Grand Rapids East organized church meets each Sunday with three congregations in the prison systems. Pray for this unique ministry.
Week of June 13, 2016
- Grand Rapids, MI - Synod 2016: Pray for the ongoing discussions this week at Calvin College. Pray for wisdom, unity and seeking the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
Week of June 6, 2016
- Zuni, NM - Zuni Christian School: Pray for the ongoing building project—grading the parking lot. As the completion of the gym/ministry gets nearer, we have begun testing the waters of expanding our school services. The first step will be to separate the 5th graders from the 6th-8th students and open a self-contained classroom for them. Now we are searching for a teacher. We solicit your prayers and your help now as we look for staff.
- Oakland, CA - Oakland Start Up Church Plant: Praise God for the retreat Pastor Kyle Brooks, his wife Steph, and team recently had. Some answers to prayer were:
- God gave us unity as a team in a variety of different conversations and processes.
- God gave us clarity in the direction we want to head in our common life. We are going to start meeting weekly outside of Sundays, focusing our common life on Justice and Community.
Week of May 30, 2016
- Coffee Break: Praise God for raising up a new, younger, more ethnically diverse generation of Coffee Break leaders, both in the US and Canada, as well as around the world. Men as well as women are drawn to the discovery method of learning about the Bible.
- Denver, CO - The Table: Pray for Craig and Jeanine Broek in Denver, CO as they develop their ministry on three values which are found most tangibly at the table as people eat, have conversation, and extend hospitality. The Table is a unique movement of missional communities in multiple Denver neighborhoods. Pray for their newly established worship gathering
Week of May 23, 2016
- Edmonton, AB: University of Alberta: An unlikely student-run club at the University of Alberta in Edmonton is getting people to talk about Christ by reading fantasy writer J.R.R. Tolkien. Starting in 2010, Rick VanManen, campus ministry director, offered a summer book study on The Hobbit,which led to the ongoing Tolkien group, The Last Alliance now boasts over 30 members. Although The Last Alliance is not classified as a Christian club, the discussion that happens there provides an opportunity to introduce students to the gospel. Pray for those discussions.
Week of May 16, 2016
- Zuni, NM - Zuni Christian School: Pray for staff and students as they plan for the Summer break and the school staff welcomes work groups and also enjoys some vacation. Administration is also in the process of filling staff openings for next year.
- Niagara Falls, ON - The Bridge: Prayers for upcoming events at this church plant with Pastor Allen Klein-Deters and his team:
- Springlicious: May 27-29 — The largest street fair in Niagara. They will have a booth with free seedlings for people to plant and pots to decorate. Pray that the the seed of faith (Jesus) will also be sown.
- Summer Arts Camps for children and youth will be running July - mid August. Pray for the needed volunteers and funding.
Week of May 9, 2016
- Coffee Break for Senior Citizens: Pray for those Coffee Break groups geared towards those living in senior apartment complexes. These groups of women often range in age from 66-102 and some groups include recent immigrants where English is then a challenge.
- Newton, IA - New Life Prison Community: Praise God for the weekly meetings held over the last five years. Recently two services of celebration for the anniversary were held, one inside the prison and one outside, the community of support for New Life gave thanks for their time together and progress at the prison.
Week of May 2, 2016
- Ionia, MI - Celebration Fellowship: Pray for the final steps of forming Celebration Fellowship Church through the recruitment of 30+ commissioned members. Pray for Don and Shirley Lautenbach as they form the Prayer Team. Pray for inmate members who seek to grow in their walk in challenging circumstances.
- Toronto, ON - LOGOS Campus Ministry: Pray for Campus Pastor Shiao Chong as he finishes up this school year and builds a student team for the next school year. Praise God for the interfaith panel on religious violence that Pastor Chong facilitated earlier this year.
Week of April 25, 2016
- Ottawa, ON - Prayers for final preparations for combined board meetings for Home Missions and World Missions later this week. Pray for safe travel, discernment and listening to the Spirit's movements among us.
- Prayers for campus ministries in North America that will be finishing their school year soon. Pray for finishing well for students and faculty.
Week of April 11, 2016
Ionia, MI - Celebration Fellowship: Pray for inmate members at this prison ministry who seek to grow in their walk in challenging circumstances and pray for open doors to plant a congregation in another Michigan prison.
Oakland, CA - Oakland Start Up Church: Praise God for the wonderful turnout at the Easter service in the park including a baptism! Continue to pray for Pastor Kyle Brooks and his team there.
Week of March 28, 2016
- Sioux Falls, SD - Cornerstone Prison Church: Pray for this unique ministry funded by churches, classes and individuals. Pray that they will have adequate staffing and volunteers to offer a variety of services in that setting.
- Easter Impact: Pray for those who attended Easter services this past weekend, some may have attended a church or ministry for the first time and heard the wonderful story of a risen Savior! Pray for open hearts as they remember, reflect and respond to the invitation.
Week of March 21, 2016
- Wyoming, MI - The P.I.E.R.:Youth Leader: We ask for continued prayer as we seek God’s calling concerning our youth. Pray that God makes the next step clear for us, and that we will be able to serve, love and minister to the youth in our church effectively.
- Easter 2016: Prayers for all churches and ministries telling the story of Jesus on Easter. May many come to accept Jesus as their Savior. (Note: see Home Missions' Easter resources at crhm.org/easter)
Week of March 14, 2016
- Edmonton, AB - The River: Pray for churches making plans for their Easter Sunday morning services that friends and neighbours are invited to experience and celebrate Christ's victory over death.
- Pray for the ongoing work being done on the unification of Christian Reformed Home Missions and Christian Reformed World Missions. Pray for staff and boards working on a lot of details.
Week of March 7, 2016
- South Holland, IL - Black and Reformed Conference 2016: Pray for those who will attend this gathering of leaders who will meet April 28-30 to learn, worship and have fellowship with a diverse group of Christ followers.
- New York City, NY - Dwell Church: Praise God for the faithful witness of this church in one of busiest cities in North America. Pray for Pastor Pete Armstrong and his team as they reach out to many who don’t know Jesus.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment in the election process in the United States.
Week of February 29, 2016
Calgary, AB - University of Calgary: Praise God for the leadership at this ministry: Rev. Paul Verhoef, Pearl Nieuwenhuis, and the broader committee. Pray for the mentoring and spiritual direction that takes place there.
Paterson, NJ - William Paterson University: Community involvement is a huge part of ministry that Rev. Ken Vander Wall, campus pastor, and his students participate in: homeless shelters, job placements - all to show the love of Jesus. Pray for the impact of recent campus shootings affecting all campuses in North America.
For more people to know the saving grace of Jesus.
That God would provide the financial gifts needed to support His mission.
Week of February 22, 2016
- Waterloo, ON - Campus Ministry: Praise God for Pastor Brian Bork as ongoing events like the Soup and Speaker Series, Thursday night speakers on various topics and the monthly Collective Kitchen project encourage ecumenical involvement with non-Christians in these fellowships as well as with local partners outside the campus itself.
- East Lansing, MI - Campus Edge Ministry at Michigan State University: Brenda Kronemeijer-Heyink has served as campus pastor for a year and she is encouraged by the support received by students and also the local Christian Reformed Church. Pray for growing interfaith relationships with students and faculty.
Week of February 15, 2016
- Madison, WI - Geneva Campus Church: Pray for the Upper House, an organization that exists to serve the University of Wisconsin (Madison) community through faith-based programmatic initiatives. Based in University Square at the heart of campus, pray for the discussions and witness happening there. Mike Winnowski is the Campus Minister.
- Guelph, ON - Campus Ministry: Praise God for the opportunity for this campus ministry to have interns to work in the local neighbourhoods.They help with local community gardens, run after school programs and prepare food for the snack program. All this is done in an attempt to partner with local neighbourhood leadership teams and bearing witness in creative ways to God's grace. Jamie VanderBerg is the Campus Minister.